We highlight submissions from those affiliated with our university and from all writers artists from the San Bernardino region and Inland Empire. We also welcome accept works from others outside the region who share our mindset. Motivated by the pressing concerns of our students, campus, and local communities, we foster critical and imaginative stories and dialogue. We seek ambitious and thoughtfully crafted work in poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, playwriting, screenwriting, comics, photography, visual art, cross-genre and experimental forms. We may also accept submissions from outside these disciplines based on the merit of the work or how well your work ties into our mission and goal.
Pacific Review is now publishing digital issues biannually for Fall and Spring, We ask you to submit work during our general reading period. We look forward to viewing your submissions and will get back to you as soon as possible!
(Please know that we are a student-run journal, and at times our workload exceeds the staff’s labor capacity, so we ask for your patience. We will try to get back to your submissions and emails as soon as we can.)
We are currently accepting submissions for our upcoming Spring 2021 Issue 42.
Submission Call Description: 2020 has felt like a long three years. We all have stuff to get off our chest. If you have the pen, we have the page. Do it. You've got this. We're excited to read any new and experimental works of prose, poetry and visual art.
Deadline: April 15, 2022 (midnight, PST)
- As part of your submission, include your bio (50 words of less) in your cover letter.
- We do not accept previously published work. This includes material that has appeared online in any form or format, including personal blogs.
- We accept a maximum per writer/artist of two creative fiction/nonfiction pieces (3-5 pages), 3-5 poems, and a maximum of 5 images of visual art with an attached artist statement. All submissions should include a brief cover letter and biography.
- Images must be submitted in JPG preferred but PNG is also acceptable, at least 800x600 or the highest quality possible.
- We allow simultaneous submissions provided you promptly withdraw your work if it is accepted elsewhere. If only part of your submission was accepted by another publication, please notify us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept a maximum of two short fiction pieces. We also accept flash fiction. Submit as pdf, rtf or Word docs. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please let us know if any of the stories have been accepted by another journal. Maximum of 1,500 words.
Please, send up to five poems at a time. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please let us know if any of the poems have been accepted by another journal.
We accept a maximum of two creative nonfiction pieces. Submit as pdf, rtf or Word docs. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please let us know if any of the poems have been accepted by another journal.
We accept a maximum of three to five images. Images must be submitted in PNG, at least 800x600, at the highest quality possible. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please let us know if any of the poems have been accepted by another journal.